I ordered a truck tailgate cap from AutoAnything.The item came quickly and when opening it, I noticed it had "Wrinkles".
It seemed obvious that the cap was bent or the box hit with something. The box was not sturdy, but had no obvious damage (when looking at it later, there are some creases in the box, but they did not line up with all of the damage on the item). I called to return and replace. The AutoAnything rep.
asked if it was shipping damage. I said I could not confirm that it was or was not. They wanted me to blame shipping - but I couldn't tell, it could have been handling at any stage and would not be obvious to the person loading or shipping the item. They asked for pictures, which I sent.
Without calling, UPS showed up two days later to pick it up. My wife gave it to them then we heard nothing. I sent a couple e-mails (a specific rep gave me the e-mail to send the photos) with no response. After calling, they did give a refund.
They should have updated us on the status. It was frustrating that I had to take pictures of the damage and send it to them before they would act and then they would not send me a confirmation concerning their disposition. It was also frustrating that they would not tell me if they were sending a replacement or giving a refund. They only took action on the refund when I contacted them again.
Positives: quick shipping, quick return, I spoke with a person twice with just a short wait, refund given.Negatives: required photos of damage, tried to have me blame shipping, no communication, no initiative to replace or refund without further follow-up.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Purchased a DuraFlex Fiberglass Body Kit for 2003 Toyota Corolla on March 19, 2015. It was delivered on March 27, 2015. My initial inspection was that the box..."
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- "This whole expensive disaster started in February of 2014. I had used Michigan Motorz a few times before and thought they were a good solid company that stood behind the..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "My mom mail ordered a limited edition bag through the coach store in Columbia,MD and it turned out to be defective. She never used it because it didn't sit right..."
- " On Saturday, November 19, 2015 I was rear-ended at a stoplight. It was raining and the car behind me hydroplaned. No one was hurt. The..."
- "Unsafe driving practices. Pictured truck with the license plate 55818T was caught swerving from lane to lane while going up a steep incline in Covington, KY. Trucker almost..."