I ordered a truck tailgate cap from AutoAnything.The item came quickly and when opening it, I noticed it had "Wrinkles".
It seemed obvious that the cap was bent or the box hit with something. The box was not sturdy, but had no obvious damage (when looking at it later, there are some creases in the box, but they did not line up with all of the damage on the item). I called to return and replace. The AutoAnything rep.
asked if it was shipping damage. I said I could not confirm that it was or was not. They wanted me to blame shipping - but I couldn't tell, it could have been handling at any stage and would not be obvious to the person loading or shipping the item. They asked for pictures, which I sent.
Without calling, UPS showed up two days later to pick it up. My wife gave it to them then we heard nothing. I sent a couple e-mails (a specific rep gave me the e-mail to send the photos) with no response. After calling, they did give a refund.
They should have updated us on the status. It was frustrating that I had to take pictures of the damage and send it to them before they would act and then they would not send me a confirmation concerning their disposition. It was also frustrating that they would not tell me if they were sending a replacement or giving a refund. They only took action on the refund when I contacted them again.
Positives: quick shipping, quick return, I spoke with a person twice with just a short wait, refund given.Negatives: required photos of damage, tried to have me blame shipping, no communication, no initiative to replace or refund without further follow-up.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bushwacker Smooth Tailgate Cap
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I first went to www.carid.com to price wheels. I saw that their wheels were reasonable priced so I decided to purchased 4 wheels with rims. They first gave me a..."
- "I purchased a 2013 Ford Flex at Price Ford in Port Angeles, WA and before I even had paid my first car payment, I had to have the car towed..."
- "good old josh is still not man enough to admit that the monster transmission has made a mistake and put the wrong parts in my transmission even after i had..."
- "I drove 9 hours one way to pick up my Lilac Point Ragdoll. Margery was easy to work with and certainly loves her kitties. The result is a very well..."
- "False advertisement ....what is going on!!!..."
- "Hi, I recently went to Sears automotive in Colombia, Maryland to have a tire replaced. I was traveling from New Hampshire and had encountered a flat along the way. After googling..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."
- "While Cameron Taylor quotes great prices, he is the most unprofessional business owner I have EVER worked with. I hired him on July 31, 2016 to repair my garage floor,..."