Auto Anything - Surprise Pick-up of Return and No Communication

I ordered a truck tailgate cap from AutoAnything.The item came quickly and when opening it, I noticed it had "Wrinkles".

It seemed obvious that the cap was bent or the box hit with something. The box was not sturdy, but had no obvious damage (when looking at it later, there are some creases in the box, but they did not line up with all of the damage on the item). I called to return and replace. The AutoAnything rep.

asked if it was shipping damage. I said I could not confirm that it was or was not. They wanted me to blame shipping - but I couldn't tell, it could have been handling at any stage and would not be obvious to the person loading or shipping the item. They asked for pictures, which I sent.

Without calling, UPS showed up two days later to pick it up. My wife gave it to them then we heard nothing. I sent a couple e-mails (a specific rep gave me the e-mail to send the photos) with no response. After calling, they did give a refund.

They should have updated us on the status. It was frustrating that I had to take pictures of the damage and send it to them before they would act and then they would not send me a confirmation concerning their disposition. It was also frustrating that they would not tell me if they were sending a replacement or giving a refund. They only took action on the refund when I contacted them again.

Positives: quick shipping, quick return, I spoke with a person twice with just a short wait, refund given.Negatives: required photos of damage, tried to have me blame shipping, no communication, no initiative to replace or refund without further follow-up.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Auto Anything. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Auto Anything.
Filing a new complaint about