Auto Anything - Part not compatible with my vehicle, customer service is pathetic.

I ordered a DiabloSport inTune I-1000 programmer for my 2001 F-150 Lariat, based on the fact that the AutoAnything website said it was compatible.

I decided to do some more research, and determined that the product was in fact *not* compatible based on information on every other website I could find including the manufacturer's site (including multiple forum discussions about it), and the AutoAnything site was the only site that said it was.

I attempted to cancel the order so I could replace it with a Hypertech programmer but it was right at the time it was being shipped and it was too late.

They said they would give me a credit as soon as the return package was in transit. They did do that, but they charged $19.95 for a restocking fee, even though the email I got said that they would credit the amount of the product minus shipping fees (which was none).

I asked about that and they said a restocking fee of 15% applies (which would have been $51 actually).

They also did not thank me or mention anything about the fact that I pointed out that the DiabloSport does not work on my vehicle and that they should remove it from their site so that other customers do not order something incompatible.

So, I'm out $20 plus a 40 mile round-trip to drop off the return plus a week and a half of waiting.

I would not order anything from this company again. I can't stand companies like this. Read all the other 1-star reviews then pick someone else to order from. They can't be relied upon to get things right.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Charging restocking on an incompatible product

Reason of review:
Diablosport Intune I-1000 Tuner
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #681148 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Auto Anything? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Auto Anything. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Auto Anything.
Filing a new complaint about