Auto Anything - Part not compatible with my vehicle, customer service is pathetic.
I ordered a DiabloSport inTune I-1000 programmer for my 2001 F-150 Lariat, based on the fact that the AutoAnything website said it was compatible.
I decided to do some more research, and determined that the product was in fact *not* compatible based on information on every other website I could find including the manufacturer's site (including multiple forum discussions about it), and the AutoAnything site was the only site that said it was.
I attempted to cancel the order so I could replace it with a Hypertech programmer but it was right at the time it was being shipped and it was too late.
They said they would give me a credit as soon as the return package was in transit. They did do that, but they charged $19.95 for a restocking fee, even though the email I got said that they would credit the amount of the product minus shipping fees (which was none).
I asked about that and they said a restocking fee of 15% applies (which would have been $51 actually).
They also did not thank me or mention anything about the fact that I pointed out that the DiabloSport does not work on my vehicle and that they should remove it from their site so that other customers do not order something incompatible.
So, I'm out $20 plus a 40 mile round-trip to drop off the return plus a week and a half of waiting.
I would not order anything from this company again. I can't stand companies like this. Read all the other 1-star reviews then pick someone else to order from. They can't be relied upon to get things right.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Charging restocking on an incompatible product
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Diablosport Intune I-1000 Tuner
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Mr. George Boulos of CANADA, using a false USA Address (a Post Office Box) bout a first day cover from me that was autographed by various astronauts. This cover was..."
- "I ordered a truck tailgate cap from AutoAnything. The item came quickly and when opening it, I noticed it had "Wrinkles". It seemed obvious that the cap was..."
- "I bought what I thought was an authentic Chanel purse & I received a knock off. I was insulted that the *** shop owner from 2HAUTE2HANDLE thought they could slip..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."