Auto Anything - Part not compatible with my vehicle, customer service is pathetic.
I ordered a DiabloSport inTune I-1000 programmer for my 2001 F-150 Lariat, based on the fact that the AutoAnything website said it was compatible.
I decided to do some more research, and determined that the product was in fact *not* compatible based on information on every other website I could find including the manufacturer's site (including multiple forum discussions about it), and the AutoAnything site was the only site that said it was.
I attempted to cancel the order so I could replace it with a Hypertech programmer but it was right at the time it was being shipped and it was too late.
They said they would give me a credit as soon as the return package was in transit. They did do that, but they charged $19.95 for a restocking fee, even though the email I got said that they would credit the amount of the product minus shipping fees (which was none).
I asked about that and they said a restocking fee of 15% applies (which would have been $51 actually).
They also did not thank me or mention anything about the fact that I pointed out that the DiabloSport does not work on my vehicle and that they should remove it from their site so that other customers do not order something incompatible.
So, I'm out $20 plus a 40 mile round-trip to drop off the return plus a week and a half of waiting.
I would not order anything from this company again. I can't stand companies like this. Read all the other 1-star reviews then pick someone else to order from. They can't be relied upon to get things right.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Charging restocking on an incompatible product
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Diablosport Intune I-1000 Tuner
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I unfortunately purchased a pair of fake timberlands from discountedtimberlands.net without doing thorough research to verify that they were selling genuine Timberland shoes. I received them and it was obvious..."
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."
- "BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. A SELLER SOLD ME A WATCH AND WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME WATCH, NOR WAS IT AUTHENTIC. I RETURNED IT TO TRADESY AND..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."
- "Name is Nagesh.I placed an order at for SUBWAY lower parel phoenix mill store at 2.25 PM and got messge that it will get delivered by 3.10pm . no one..."